Old Rappahannock Taphouse, an American gastropub, is opening spring 2020 in a newly redesigned and renovated restaurant space in the heart of the Northern Neck. We need creative, talented and driven individuals to help finalize the concept, hire and train the team, and launch the best food experience in the area. WE NEED YOU!
Our Executive Chef will be a highly motivated, energetic team player that will lead our back of house staff and work closely with front of house and corporate management to create remarkable dining experiences for our guests.
Our Executive Chef will be responsible for assigning work in the kitchen, both expediting and working on the line, preparing meals for our diners, interviewing and training staff, kitchen inventory management, working with food service providers and local farmers and designing new dishes to add to our growing menu. If you are passionate about the restaurant industry and have prior experience as a Chef, we invite you to apply today!
Please send your resume to [email protected]
Executive Chef Responsibilities:
• Creating and cooking a first class menu.
• Ensuring promptness, freshness and quality of dishes.
• Coordinating cooks' tasks.
• Implementing hygiene policies and examining equipment for cleanliness.
• Designing new recipes, planning menus and selecting plate presentation.
• Reviewing staffing levels to meet service, operational and financial objectives.
• Hiring and training kitchen staff
• Labor Control
• Food Cost Control
• Great communicator to all departments
• Performing administrative tasks, taking stock of food and equipment supplies, and doing purchase orders.
• Setting and monitoring performance standards for staff.
• Obtaining feedback on food and service quality, and handling customer problems and complaints.
Executive Chef Requirements:
• 2+ years culinary education.
• 5+ years experience in similar position. Management experience required.
• Advanced knowledge of food profession principles and practices.
• Proficient knowledge of human resources management.
• Excellent knowledge of BOH systems, ordering and inventory.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Available to work on call, shifts, after hours, over weekends and on public holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000 – $50,000
Work Location: Warsaw, VA
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Retirement plan
• Paid time off
• Flexible schedule
• Relocation assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
• Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
• Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
• High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as: Family Oriented &
• Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
• Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
• Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative